Lab4U is looking for a Business Development Representative (Bilingual)
Business Development Representative (Bilingual)
Our Mission 🧪
Lab4U is an ed-tech startup committed to social change through the democratization of science education. We develop innovative technologies and methodologies, turning smartphones into pocket labs and training and supporting teachers to let students have access to quality science education. We are transforming education and democratizing science education by providing teachers and learners an experiential technology platform to perform inquiry-based science experiments all over the world.
Lab4U’s products use smartphone technology to turn them into pocket labs and help educators plan and teach rigorous, inspiring science classes based on scientific inquiry and exploration. Our products target students and teachers at the inflex point where STEM education can radically change their career choices. Lab4U’s suite of products includes Lab4U App (Mobile) and Lab4U Portal (Web), which are designed for use in high school and introductory-level university science courses and use built-in mobile sensors to turn smartphones into experiential science labs. To see Lab4U in action, check out the following video: Lab4U in CNN
Our predominant markets is LatAm. To continue this dream and grow with an impact on society, we would like to invite to our team a key member. To know more about our story and culture, visit our website: https://lab4u.co/en/our-story/
Lab4U Team 😍
Lab4U has a friendly, young, diverse, and international work climate. As a team, we compose a fun but demanding environment in order to pursue our dreams with a strong commitment to our mission. We are a multidisciplinary team composed of scientists, software engineers, and educators (Get to know our team). And now, we would like to integrate a Business Development Representative (BDR) into our business and sales team. We are looking for a proactive person, passionate about changing the world.
This position is open to dynamic people who are passionate about technology, education, and social impact. We are looking for an entrepreneurial spirit, sociable, proactive, self-managing, organized, and motivated, with the ability to work under an uncertain scenario and customer-oriented.
This is a unique opportunity for an Entry-level job with no professional experience required who is interested in growing personally and professionally, with a deep interest in social innovation and science education as a tool to break the cycle of poverty by improving education in Latin America and the world.
Finally, you should be motivated by purposeful work and want to be part of one of the pioneering companies in educational technology development for science learning in Chile and Latin America.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team in Chile. The main function of this position will be new sales and business opportunities generation with Corporations which sponsors schools where we implement our solutions. You will work with colleagues who are highly committed to our mission and with both high individual and collective work expectations. You will be able to grow personally and professionally and have an important social impact in a company in a stage of accelerated growth in Chile, México and subsequently in the USA and the World..
We are a startup 💫 and early team members get a chance to do a bit of everything, and basically being there for the community and the team is our number one responsibility.
- Design Business Development and Marketing strategies focusing on B2B (Business to Business) and consultive sales (Corporates)
- Help in the evaluation and development of new business and partnerships.
- Set up service contracts with new clients.
- Help in the development of pricing and costing strategies for services in order to adjust the Product-Market Fit.
- Generate and maintain good relationships with clients, with frequent and fluid communication by different channels.
- Coordinate and manage business meetings with administrators and decision-makers in schools, municipalities, and/or universities.
- Use and manage CRM and client databases.
- Schedule, coordinate, and support other members of Lab4U’s commercial team in their activities.
- Help in the preparation of proposals, bids, and sales of services.
- Help in the Business Intelligence analysis (market analysis, industry benchmark, client knowledge, service mix, among others).
- Careers: Commercial Engineering, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Teachers with Business Experience, Professionals who have gone through Teach for All programs (such as Enseña Chile) or related careers.
- Bilingual and fully proficient in English and Spanish.
- Passion for business development, consultative sales B2B, and/or growth hacking.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and databases (excel and others).
- High analytical skills and results-oriented.
- Affinity with multicultural environments and relationships with international clients.
- Availability to work in Santiago, Chile.
- Availability for domestic and international travel.
✔️ If you believe you might find affinity in at least 6 of the following themes and areas of growth during this position, Lab4U is the right place for you:
– Passion for science and technology education.
– Passion for improving science education and reducing inequalities.
– Passion for social innovation and social impact.
– Passion for entrepreneurship and startups.
– Passion for consultive sales.
– Visiting schools and talking to teachers, principals, academic directors.
– Passion for Business Intelligence, Product and SaaS Metrics.
– Passion for Marketing and Communications.
– Passion for Marketing Analytics & Growth Hacking.
– Passion for Business Development and Sales.
– Interest in SaaS Finance and Unit Economics.
- Hybrid work flexibility (3 to 4 days on-site)
- Salary adjustment based on CPI.
- In addition to legal holidays, enjoy an additional week of rest between Christmas and New Year.
- After the first year of joining Lab4U, you can enjoy 5 weeks of vacation, including 3 legal weeks and 2 additional weeks.
- On Fridays, your departure time is at 2:00 PM.
- On the last Friday of each month, the schedule extends from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, during which we celebrate birthdays, conduct Lab4U Talk, and it’s an opportunity to gather and share.
To consider 🔭
We love passionate people and we value your time and interest in professional growth, therefore it is important to do some expectation matching: we are a startup, we are a small ordinary team doing extraordinary work, this might not be a regular corporate experience many professionals are looking for.
We are a growing startup hoping for every team member to grow alongside the company, we will offer a sales compensation plan aligned with the company and team values; however, it is important for us that you know that this is NOT a SENIOR position, we are all sailing in the same boat, and we see huge growth potential for this position in Ed-tech. Lab4U aims to become the leader in STEM education, and YOU can be a part of it. We have a small budget which we hope to increase over time; depending on the experience, skills, and language domain (perfect written and spoken Spanish and English), we will be offering a salary of monthly US$ 1,000 to US$ 1,500 + sales commissions.
Would you like to be part of this adventure 🚀? Apply here!
*We will only review applications in English.